Sunday 30 October 2011

Almost injured

I thought I'd recovered well from last week's race. I didn't run on Monday, then I had speed on Tuesday. We did our warmup, then some strides and then bam! My right quad decided it didn't like me any more. I guess it was a cramp, I was worried I'd torn something initially. I stopped running immediately, went home and by Thursday it was ok.

I've been pretty lucky with running. I guess I back off straight away if I think something's going to become a problem so I normally avoid major drama.

The rest of the week was pretty ordinary. I ran 9km on Thursday, then speed on Friday (3km reps) plus a big cool down. I then went for an easy run Friday afternoon, then a long run yesterday. I'm now in the northern territory again so it'll be an easy week.

I like traveling, but I don't like how it affects my running!

No comments:

Post a Comment