Monday 26 December 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas really crept up on me this year. I found it really hard to get in the spirit during the build up, and normally I love Christmas! We had a great time, very chilled out. All my present shopping was done online, which meant I ended up buying a few new things for myself as well! I also didn't spend as much on everyone as I normally do, because I couldn't justify it with our huge mortgage. We had my family over for dinner on Christmas eve. I made a pineapple-rum glazed baked ham, a bean and tomato salad, a beetroot salad, and an avocado and mango salad. Plus homemade icecream! It all turned out really well, which is a good thing seeing that I spent about 6 hours in the kitchen! I guess that's to be expected though when I was making all dressings and sauces from scratch. J had to work Christmas morning, but luckily he finished pretty quickly. There was just enough time for me to sleep a bit longer, and then go on an easy 10km run! His family is away so we spent the rest of the day at mum's house. We got a lot of new gardening tools so the plan is to get our veggie patch started. Now to decide what to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment