Monday 5 September 2011

Chunky roots

I'm cooking dinner tonight, something I don't do that often. I'm lucky enough to have an amazing husband who is a great cook, but I want to start contributing more. That's part of the reason for this blog - if I don't cook, I won't have as much to write about! One of my favourite types of food is soup, so guess what we're eating tonight?

Chunky Root Vegetable Soup.


I browned chopped onion and garlic in a saucepan, then added a tin of crushed tomatoes, chopped carrots, potato, parsnips, turnip and chilli. I also used some Vegeta stock powder (that's pretty much just MSG - delicious and dubious at the same time), plus pepper and water to cover it all.






It's cooking away on the stove now, I'll remove about half the veggies before blending and add them back in to serve. It will just need to be reheated when J gets home from work and I get back from running!









As well as running, my other favourite pastime is finding new running clothes. I picked up my number for the B2B this morning, which meant that I could chose my outfit for the day! It's very important that the number needs to match my clothes...

I'm going with a Lululemon skirt and Adidas jog bra. I'll probably choose my bright green Nike Zoom Streak XC racing flats for shoes.

This is my first race back after holidays. We were only away for 3 weeks, and we did a lot of hiking in that time but my body's not that happy to be back running just yet. It's not a PB course in any case, so I'm thinking of it more like a tempo run than a race. My focus over summer is going to be some middle distance track races, I've never done them before but I think they'll suit me! It will be interesting to see what the speed does for my other times as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment