Wednesday 7 September 2011

Fartlek Fun

It's taking me a while to get back into running. We went away on holidays for 3 weeks recently, and I don't run on holidays. I think it's a good time to give my body a rest, seeing that I normally run a lot (and race most weekends).

3 weeks is just enough time off. I don't think my endurance suffered much, but my legs have been grumbly since starting back - especially my left calf.

Tuesday's run was the fourth speed session I've had since starting back (I do 2 per week), and it's the first one that felt normal. It was a hard session as well! We ran a pyramid of intervals - 5 min, 4 min, 3 min, 2 min, 1 min, then back to 2 min, 3 min, 4 min, 5 min. All of them had a 1 min recovery, and then I ran an extra one and a half minute to get back to our starting spot (we were doing laps around a park). The hardest one was the first one, by the last couple felt really good. My calf is finally readapting as well, major win!

Yesterday was a horrible day food wise! McDonalds for lunch, then pizza for dinner. We were helping friends move, which is a terrible excuse! Tonight we'll have the left over soup from tuesday. It turned out quite well, the tomato was a bit overpowering so I squeezed some lemon in as well. It needs some protein in it and then it would be the perfect meal

Lunch today was a pita wrap with banana, avo, lettuce, sunflower seeds, tahini and sultanas. I didn't make it myself, but it sure was delicious.

I don't think I'll run today, we're a one car family right now and J is finishing work earlier than planned so I'll be picking him up. I might do a double tomorrow - speed in the morning, and then an easy run in the arvo. I'm staying down the coast tomorrow night so a run at the beach will be the order for the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment