Monday 19 September 2011

Running Mojo

It's back!

I always find getting into a routine when I get back from holidays difficult. For one thing, running hurts more than normal!

I've probably had 6 weeks of reduced activity, and I feel like this week is the one that I'm finally ready to get a bit more serious again. I also haven't been in the right frame of mind, because we're house shopping and car shopping at the moment and it's a major pain. I think I've worked out what car to buy, and I'm just about ready to tell J that he can buy whatever house he wants! We both want the same ideal house, but the way in that we're willing to compromise is different. I'm feeling less stressed about it than I have been now though, so it's no longer an excuse to not run!

I'm away for work at the moment (in a small country town) so I'm using this as a chance to build up a better endurance base, with less speed work than normal. I'll do the same next week. The past couple weeks I've been neglecting endurance because I love speed sessions but I had a crap race on the weekend which was the kick in the butt that I needed.

I ran a 5km in 22:15, which I think is my slowest time all year. It was a difficult course - kinda hilly and with lots of turns, but it was a glorious morning and I enjoyed myself even if I ran poorly!

I'll be doing the 5km parkrun on sat morning this week but I'm not counting it as a race. I need to plan when I'll be able to do some track races soon!

Food wise has been pretty unexciting. Breakfast has been variations on a (delicious) theme, lunch has been leftovers mainly, and dinner has been out/at parents houses. The one mention was friday night - I made a delicious pumpkin spinach and bacon quiche with a greek salad to go with it. I loaded the salad up with parsley which gave it a really fresh taste.

Country town eating is always hard. I didn't feel like eating out last night so I just got a savoury rice salad from the deli, and made a salmon/mayo/greenbean/chickpea/tomato salad as well. It was very satisfying! I'm going to have Red Rooster tonight though - I've eaten super healthy for the past couple days so I can afford a little blowout!

No comments:

Post a Comment