Monday 12 September 2011

Fast 5km

I was very tempted to stay in bed yesterday morning. The day before had been cold, windy and generally yuck so I wasn't looking forward to running into a headwind the whole way!

Luckily the weather turned it on for us and it was sunshiny and delightful! My plan for the race was to run the first 3km hard, then to survive the hill on the ICB, and finally hold on until home. I ran 21:07, which is very close to my PB (and I didn't think I was in PB shape!). That included a 5min km up the hill - maybe I didn't need to take it quite that easy...

There's another 5km this Saturday, and with another week of training (I think I should be able to cope with a full training load now) I might be able to go under 21? We just need to wait and see! It's a small run too, which means I might get top 10 in the females? I'm giving my good friend Clare a lift, who came 2nd in the B2B 10km yesterday so that'll push me back a place!

Yesterday was a great day food-wise as well. I had my breakkie cookie prerun, then some watermelon, a smoothie and some honey after the race. I then ran 9km home and had some Gatorade, then an afternoon snack of carrot sticks with ranch dressing. We went to mum's for homemade shepherds pie for dinner. I should've eaten lunch, but I wasn't feeling overly hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment